timing chain advice

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: timing chain advice
From: RAntal243@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:41:56 EST
Greetings Healeyphiles,
     I have a 65 BJ8 with almost 100k on a rebuilt  engine. I plan to do a
grand trip from Portsmouth NH to the west coast and  (hopefully} back. I reckon
with side trips it will be at least a 10k trip. I'm  wondering if I should
have the timing chain replaced before I venture forth. The  generator and
starter
both have 60 or 70 k since rebuilds. Should they or any  other parts be
rebuilt/replaced prior to this trip. I'll be taking the usual  boot full of
parts
and tools but I'd rather deal with potential problems  prophylacticly if
possible. Thanks. Rich Antal