Engine mount bracket reinforcement

To: "'Healeys' \(E-mail\)" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine mount bracket reinforcement
From: "Malaney, David W" <DavidWMalaney@eaton.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:02:53 -0500
Happy Monday to all,

I recall reading in one of the recent Healey club magazines an article about
beefing up the frame and engine mount brackets.  I am particularly interested
in the engine mount bracket reinforcement.  I was just over looking at my
chassis at the body shop yesterday when it occurred to me that I had read that
article and wanted to weld in the steel reinforcement on the engine mount
brackets as per the article.  Of course, when I got home I couldn't find the
magazine.  Has anyone done this type of reinforcement?  What thickness of
metal is sufficient and approx what dimensions did you use?  Thanks for any
info.

Dave M.