GOLDEN GATE AUSTIN HEALEY CLUB--EVENT ALERT--SUN APR 3

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: GOLDEN GATE AUSTIN HEALEY CLUB--EVENT ALERT--SUN APR 3
From: "John Trifari" <jtrifari@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 11:07:34 -0800
EVENT ALERT-LITTLEFIELD MILITARY MUSEUM TOUR

REMINDER:          Golden Gate Austin Healey Club's special tour of the
Littlefield Military Museum in Portola Valley CA will be on Sunday April 3.
This private museum contains hundreds of original tanks and other armored
vehicles from World War I through to the present.   We start at 12:30 sharp
from the Shopping center on Alpine Road in Portola Valley.

     To get to the shopping center in Portola Valley from the north, take
I-280 south to Alpine Road.  Go west 1.5 miles.  From the South Bay/San Jose
take I-280 north to Alpine Road.  From the East Bay cross over to 101.  and
take  Rte 84 (Woodside Road) in Redwood City west to I-280.  Go south two
exits to Alpine Road.  If you take the San Mateo Bridge head south on 101.  Go
north on 101 if you take the Dumbarton Bridge or Rte 237 to 101.  Alpine Road
is between Sand Hill Road (Menlo Park) and Page Mill Road (Palo Alto).

          Caravan:   John Trifari will lead a caravan to the shopping center
on Alpine Road from the Krispy Kreme  at 101 and Rengsdorf in Mountain View.
We depart at 11:30 AM on the dot for Portola Valley.

          To get to the Krispy Kreme in Mountain View from the north, go south
on 101 to the Rengsdorf exit.  Go under Rengsdorf and exit right.  Double back
to the traffic light.  Take a left then take your immediate right onto Leghorn
Street. Take your first right into the shopping center on the corner and
you'll see the Krispy Kreme and the group.

          From the south, go under Rengsdorf, exit right, loop over the
freeway and go right onto Leghorn.  If you pick up 101 in Menlo Park after
crossing the Dumbarton Bridge, head south towards Mountain View.  If you come
across on 237 head north on 101.  We will depart promptly at 11:30.

          After the tour of the Littlefield Museum, we've arranged a short
tour through the Santa Cruz Mountains.  Details of the route will be provided
after the tour of the Museum.

       The size of the tour is limited to 35 and we need a head count.  If you
plan on joining us for this special visit to the Littlefield Military Museum,
contact Cyndy Nesheim at nesheim@quiknet.com or at 916-783-7762 or Lee
Bardellini at  HeLeeEsq@aol.com or at 510-582-6246.

          For more info on the museum and for pictures of some of the tanks
and other vehicles on display (and a picture of one of the propellers from the
Lusitania) go to the museum's web site at
http://www.mishalov.net/military-vehicles/military-vehicles.html.