Fw: Cockpit surround

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Cockpit surround
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 23:30:18 -0500
In restoring the anodized bits....    If you want to make it look uniform and
shiny, then I would not go beyond use of a light polishing compound, and don't
use a high speed wheel, the anodize does not take kindly to a lot of wear,
---lumping up, and turning dull. -No polishing of any kind, that I've heard
of, will make it look right.
If you want the frosted appearance back, it's -strip the anodize, buff (and
fill, if req'd) the scratches and gouges out, and have the moldings
re-anodized.
Dave J.