Re: AAAAAAaRRRrrrrrGggghhhhhHHHHH!

To: mvanderploeg@nc.rr.com, ahpowered@hotmail.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AAAAAAaRRRrrrrrGggghhhhhHHHHH!
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:54:42 EST
I have used a plastic tool I got from Eastwood for this.  It is a windshield
install tool.  I'm sure you can get something like it at any automotive store.
 Much less danger of tearing the rubber and the plastic will work as a
leading edge to slide better between the rubber and the metal of the frame.
Also
suggest you use a small amount of lubricant on the side you are working in.
Just don't over do it on the lubricant as it will make it hard to hold.  Take
your time and don't get in a hurry.  Seems in the dim recesses of memory you
should use some heat once it is installed in the grove to make it fit smoothly
along the cowl.  Others memory on this is probably better.  Also don't cut off
any excess until you are completely happy with the fit to the cowl.

Cheers,

Gary Fuqua
Branson, MO