RE: overdrive solenoid

To: "'John Adamik'" <j.adamik@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: overdrive solenoid
From: "Michael Salter" <michaelsalter@rogers.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 08:22:00 -0500
Hi John,
To check the solenoid, remove the armature (plunger) then very briefly apply
power through an ammeter. By doing this the points in the solenoid will
remain closed and full current will flow. (DO NOT leave the power connected
for more than 2 or 3 seconds.)
Then reinstall the armature and check again.
There should be a substantial difference between the two current readings.
When the solenoid is installed the switch from high current to low current
is so fast that you will not see it.

Michael Salter
www.precisionsportscar.com