Front Brake Caliper rebuild question

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Front Brake Caliper rebuild question
From: Lisa and Mark <bugtop@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 22:23:46 -0800
Alright, I have a caliper repair kit question.  I bought a front
caliper rebuild kit (67 BJ8) which has the seals and the rubber boots,
but also two round metal wires.  What is the wire for?  I did not see
one while disassembling the calipers.  Is it to aid in installation of
the boot onto the piston?  Do I need this?

I took the advice of the group and bought new SS pistons (from
http://www.jfarrellauto.com).  On John's site there are CAD drawings of
the different pistons he makes, and it looked like there were two
designs for Healey pistons?  One with a thin groove for the boot and
one with a step down groove for the boot.  Perhaps the wire is for the
second one?  By the way, the price was good, it came to $102 with
shipping for four SS pistons.

Thanks,
Mark Buggy