Tenax stud

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Tenax stud
From: "scott willis" <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:04:28 -0600
Folks,
I bought two new Tenax studs to install where there are currently
"lift-the-Dot" studs right over the wheel wells on my BN7. Everywhere else
there is proper Tenax style. The old top and toneau both have Tenax
fasterners and I am perplexed as to why these other two studs are on the
car.

I thought this job would be simple. WRONG! I cannot get to the nut on the
back side of the stud. There is a little room to get in there but I can't
get my hand in there. I am afraid to start pulling out the inner vinyl
covered panels.

Any suggestions on how I can get a nut on the back of the studs? I thought
of taping a nut to a tool but...?

I have a new top and I can't install it until I replace these studs with the
proper Tenax style.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers,
Scott
Mashed BN7

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee.