RE: BJ7 Windshield Chroming & Glass Tips?

To: "'Dave Leland'" <starofindy@yahoo.com>, BJ8Healeys
Subject: RE: BJ7 Windshield Chroming & Glass Tips?
From: "Freese, Ken" <Ken.Freese@Aerojet.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 07:50:25 -0800
Dave,
I did my BJ8 last year and its doable at home. It would be easy if you could
keep your original rubber components. With the aftermarket stuff, it is much
harder. Yes, you should take the frame apart and have it rechromed.
Carefully remove the screws so you can reuse some of them if you have to.
Reassembly with the glass inplace should take two people (inexperienced) and
we found a couple of nylon ratcheting tie down straps worked well to exert
pressure on the frame because of the fat aftermarket rubber. Buy your new
rubber stuff and be prepared to send some of it back if you can reuse the
original.
Ken Freese
65 BJ8

-