One-owner Sprite for sale

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: One-owner Sprite for sale
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 14:02:19 EDT
I got a call this morning from a friend of a friend who is going to sell his
1960 Bugeye to help fund his current interest in horseless carriage
restorations. I haven't seen the car yet, but from its description, it sounds
like this
might be the perfect car for someone hoping to restore a concours Bugeye.
Following is his description of the car: He bought the car new when he was
working part-time at British Motors in Palo Alto, and has owned it   since. It
is Old English White with black upholstery. He describes it as absolutely
original, pointing out that the exterior paint and interior are obviously
pretty
shot (though the panels are in good shape and the underbonnet paint still takes
a shine). All the original parts are still on the car, including hub caps,
etc. He rebuilt the engine about ten years ago, and it still starts easily and
holds 40 lbs oil pressure. The brake master and slave cylinders were all
replaced a year ago with new brake shoes installed. The car has no rust and has
never
been in an accident. It is currently registered and drivable.
Oh, just to sweeten the pot, a few years ago when he was still planning to
restore it, he bought an original Judson Bugeye supercharger kit still in the
box, which would go with the car.
His starting price is $12,000, based on the car's originality and known
history. He'd like to find someone who is interested in doing the car for their
own
satisfaction, rather than selling it to a professional restorer or dealer, so
I suggested we list it just on the Healey list at first to see if there's any
interest.
He doesn't have email and will be gone for a week or so, so if you're
interested, let me know and I'll put you in touch with him. He lives about an
hour's
drive from me, so I could confirm the car's condition or do a full appraisal
on it for someone who is actively interested.
Cheers
Gary Anderson