1958 BN6 with wiring problem

To: "Healeys@Autox. Team. Net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1958 BN6 with wiring problem
From: "Ken Stickle" <kstickle@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 11:15:50 -0400
Hello to All ....

Been quite awhile and have now run into another problem with my frame up
restoration.  Its kind of weird like all wiring is but I'm hoping that
someone has run into this same type of problem and has some suggestions.

Problem:  I step on the brakes and brake lights short out blowing fuses.
Though, the directionals work properly without blowing a fuse.  And,
this is the weird thing!  The wiring travels from the directional switch
and from the brake switch into the directional wiring box.  Then one
wire travels to each rear light to the one bulb.

Continuity has been checked and the directional wiring box has been
taken off and double checked with everything working ok in there.

I don't really know what the problem is.....Can you help?

Thanks,