RE: Limited Slip Diff

To: "'Rick'" <rick72b@comcast.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Limited Slip Diff
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 09:32:22 -0400
Rick,
With all due respects, why are you considering a limited slip diff. In my
experience such a device is only of use when you intend to use the car for
some very serious competition work or you are driving in areas where
adhesion is a problem, like ice and snow, loose gravel on sharp uphill turns
etc.
We have a "Powr Lok" LSD in our rally car and although it is of use in
situations where loos gravel is scattered around on a tight corner it has
also been the source of considerable annoyance, particularly when hot, and I
would suggest that the money could be better spent on such things as
suspension improvements, to help keep the drive wheels on the ground, unless
you have specific requirements.
Just my experience.

Michael Salter
www.precisionsportscar.com