Bugeyes and other Sprites

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bugeyes and other Sprites
From: Joe Armour <sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 22:30:27 +1000
Donald Mitchell Healey said at Amaroo Park Historic Races
                                                 Sydney, Australia  1977

 when asked to present the trophy at the end of the 'all Healey Feature
Race' and questioned as to his favourite model Healey, he answered
without hesitation------

            "SPRITE."

There were more sold   therefore more popular
They won more races        "           "      competitive
There are more  left            "        better built ??

For example a works Sprite was good for 30mpg at an average speed of
100mph.
   "      "         "    "          "     averaged  99mph for the
24hours of LeMans
    "      "        "     "          "    was timed at  154mph  at
LeMans from 1275cc

 dont get excited I am not that one eyed just ask people to be opened
minded I own one of each. That is Big and Sprite

PS  Why else would MG want to take over the model,remember there is no
such thing as an MG Midget. Well not since the 1930's

Regards Joe
Red one
Blue one