Bugeye Sprites, anyone?

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Bugeye Sprites, anyone?
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 21:17:11 EDT
A few days ago, I posted information on an original, one-owner Bugeye Sprite
that an acquaintance of mine has decided to sell. Since original, unmolested
cars don't come along too often, and Bugeyes once had quite a following, I
thought SOMEONE on this list might be interested.
Didn't get any responses -- not even any comments or queries.
That surprised me. Does that mean that no one on this particular list cares
about Bugeyes, or that they aren't of much interest to anyone anymore? Could
that be?
Of course, his asking price of $12,000 was pretty strong, but I didn't think
it was too out of line. Certainly left a little room for bargaining, without
seeming to be insulting.

So, topic for discussion -- Is there no longer any interest in the Bugeye as
a collectible, restorable car in its original state? One might certainly
assume that since we haven't had a Bugeye to judge at Healey Concours in
several
years.
Or is it simply that Bugeye owners and aficionados don't cross paths with big
Healey owners any more?
Opinions, anyone?
Cheers
Gary Anderson