Buying a BJ8...what to look out for.

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Buying a BJ8...what to look out for.
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 17:06:05 +0100
Hi,

Greeting to all you Gurus out there......

A friend of mine here in the UK has finally located a 3000 which appears to
be worth serious consideration. It is a '67 BJ8. As he lives in Devon and
the car is in Wicklow, quite near Dublin in Ireland, the logistics are not
100% simple. The flights etc are cheap, but nothing's ever as easy as it
initially appears.

He has determined that the car has a good "history file" and that it is -
apparently - in good/sound/original condition. It seems to be the right car
at the right price. (It's not an eBay ringer and it does exist!)

So, he'll fly over in a week to check it over.

I have told him what to look for/what to avoid etc. (What I think, that
is!). BUT, I, on his behalf, would be most grateful for such collective
wisdom as you could shed on the topic of buying a 3000. He is well versed in
the usual pitfalls and delights prevalent in these transactions. He has
other pet cars, but this will be his first Healey.

Perhaps you could copy emails to the list to Graham at his email address,
above.

Thank you,

Simon.