No oil pressure

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: No oil pressure
From: Jwhlyadv@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 17:45:36 EDT
I changed the oil in the BN4 and when I started it I had no oil pressure,
absolutely nothing ever appeared on the gauge (even after a minute or two).
Removed the valve cover and cranked the engine, no oil appeared.

Removed the new oil filter, no oil in the filter. cranked the engine with the
oil filter off, no oil came out.

Any ideas? I guess my next step is to pull off the oil pan and check the pump
and the pickup screen. All I did was change the oil.

Another question I have is perhaps I put the wrong oil filter on. I have an
oil cooler with a spin on filter setup installed by the previous owner. I would
assume it came from Moss. I used a Fram Ph3600 like I use on the BJ8 spin on
oil filter. I've already thrown away the old filter but does anyone else have
this set up and what oil filter are you using?

Thanks,

Jim Werner
Louisville, KY