Car shows and Your opinions

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Car shows and Your opinions
From: Jerry Costanzo <jerrycostanza01@sprintpcs.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 10:28:28 -0700
I wanted to follow up on the comments to the Dixon show.  I was the chairman of
the show and I can tell you that it takes a lot of time to set these up.  When
we send a message about a show in your area, take some time to think about
volunteering to help.  Just the parking of the cars at Dixon involved about 24
people.  It is easy work but very critical.  In our case, the number of cars
has increased to the point that the field is full.  We need to figure out a way
to spread the cars out more.  The registration, trophies, and even counting
ballots takes enormous amounts of time.

So,  donate 2 hours and get to meet some more car buffs.  I had fun at the show
in spite of the work.  I did have to remind my daughters who got to drive my
two cars to the show that they had to put the sign up or we would not even get
one vote.

By the way, voting at a Peoples Choice show is sometimes unexpected as Dick
pointed out.  We had a Jaguar replica and a MBG with a big V8 walk away with
nice awards.  There was even a hand built Silverstone copy that was sitting on
a TR6 at the show.  It was beautiful to see.  I did feel sorry for whoever
drove the car.  The seats were hard aluminum with no padding.  In the sun, that
would have been quite toasty on the drive home.

These shows are usually your clubs fund raiser.  Our club survives off this
show for the whole year.

Jerry
BN4