Thermo Choke

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Thermo Choke
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 12:58:45 EDT
In a message dated 5/26/05 8:07:04 PM, owner-healeys-digest@autox.team.net
writes:

> * My car has an thermoelectric choke so it has 3 plastic hoses that
> route the fuel from the choke to the intake manifold. The hoses are
> hard plastic and  painted (poorly) in a silver color. What color are
> they supposed to be? Are they supposed to be hard plastic, or are they
> just showing their age? Can I eplace them with vacuum hose, and if so
> should they be painted silver?

The original "hoses" were black hard plastic tubes. Suspect the silver came
from someone trying to dude up the engine at some point. Check out the
installation of the similar set-up in the Jaguar Mark IIs and Series 1 E-types
for
comparison (if you need parts, you can order them for this set-up from XKs
Unlimited. The thermal choke was standard on Jags during most of the same
period)

Cheers
Gary Anderson