Re: Radical New Tire Design

To: "Eric \(Rick\) Wilkins" <wilko2@cox.net>,
Subject: Re: Radical New Tire Design
From: "Chris Dimmock" <cd3000@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 22:54:35 +1000
I'd love to see what a slow motion video of someone putting a couple of
hundred or more horsepower through those 'tweels' off the line - and what
happens when you try to emergency stop a 1500kg car at the limit of
adhesion....

My only real concern is that adding a few pounds of air to your tyres to
maximise adhesion is cheap - imagine having to fit a 'stronger' spoked
tweel.....

:(

I suppose what yoiu lose in 'cheap adjustment' you gain in brake airflow....

Best

Chris