Moss Tank Sender Install pictures

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Moss Tank Sender Install pictures
From: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 11:55:51 -0700
FWIW--I installed a new Moss tank sender a couple of weeks ago. The unit
seems to be much higher quality than the previous replacement version. I
don't have a picture of the coil, but it's tightly and evenly wound. The arm
contact seems to have a solid connection with the coil. There's even some
friction which may hold down the gauge-bouncing a little.

See pictures of the installation at--

http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/healey_tech

These pictures were taken yesterday after going through a couple of tanks of
gas and there is no leaking. There's no gas odor in my trunk for about the
first time ever.

I used the stock Moss rubber gasket that came with it, covered on both sides
with Hylomar. The screws & steel-backed rubber sealing washers were covered
with Hylomar, then inserted into the holes.

The washers are shown and I bought them from one of the home improvement
emporiums (OSH). I previously used these for a while inside my valve cover
and they seem to work fine in hot oil, so maybe they'll hold up in gasoline.

I'm using pan-head screws, but with these steel-backed washers the stock
cheese head washers should work fine.

The white wire's a ground to the chassis.
--
Steve Gerow
Pasadena CA