Re: High Oil Pressure

To: DOUG MILLER <enginem@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: High Oil Pressure
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 16:18:07 -0600
Hi Doug,

I hope you don't have the problem that Mike S. mentioned!

It's just barely possible that you have the wrong pressure relief valve
or spring installed. The Fours had a valve that was fairly blunt on the
end with the body all one diameter. The Sixes had a valve with a smaller
nose & a slightly smaller diameter step behind the nose. If you have a
six cylinder valve installed, it may be that there is not enough valve
travel room for the valve to fully uncover the relief port. Also, a six
cylinder spring might coil bind before the relief valve is fully open.

Just a long shot,
Dave Russell
BN2