Re: Silicone Brk. Fluid

To: "John Peak" <redbn7@yahoo.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Silicone Brk. Fluid
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 20:18:40 -0400
Advantages:
- A car that has to be stored out of our Canadian 5 month winters with
nothing moving in the hydraulic system, is able to simply come out of
storage and carry on year after year with no hydroscopic problems like rusty
brake caliper pistons and sticking clogged cylinder bores. This is keeping
in mind that the entire hydraulic system has been rebuilt new, including all
cylinders and hoses.
- Paint including that on the hydraulic reservoir will never be damaged by
fluid.
Disadvantage:
It's trickier to bleed out initially because it will aerate easier than
conventional fluid. That has been the only disadvantage I've experienced
since I've been using it in many cars over 25 years.
Rich Chrysler