Re: Silicone Brk. Fluid

To: BJ8Healeys <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Silicone Brk. Fluid
From: Dave Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 00:14:54 -0400
Could just be that by the time someone is concerned enough to swap to
silicone, the seals and rubbers aren't the best and would have failed in
a year no mater what liquid was in there. I've converted to silicone
both with all new parts and with existing parts and I accept the
occasional leak as part of owning cars that see fewer miles per year
than regular daily drivers. I've noticed over the years that disc brake
calipers develop very few problems compared to drum brake components
(I've owned some of these cars 35 years now). One key thing (and I'm
guilty of not following) is to flush the system every couple years and
get clen fresh fluid in there.

Dave