Re: Won't Start II

To: scott willis <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Won't Start II
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 13:17:12 +0800
Scott -

It's very easy to see if your timing chain is broken.    pull off the
dist. cap and turn the motor over... if the distributor rotor doesn't
spin, then the chain is broken... I reckon this is not your problem
since you are getting spark at all your plugs.

have you checked in your float bowls to see if there's gas in there?
If your fuel filter is clogged or you have grose jets or bad SU float
jets, it may be that gas is getting TO the carbs... but not INTO the
carbs.  This is a very common problem, check your float chambers to
see if there's gas in them.  sometimes you can tap the float tops with
a small hammer and that will get it going again.

Try that...

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8

--