Re: re. Painting suspension parts

To: "joe mulqueen" <joemulqueen@yahoo.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: re. Painting suspension parts
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 13:37:57 -0400
----On my car, I found that the suspension parts were all pretty heavily
pitted. I sand blasted them, shot them with a galvanizing primer, a couple of
coats of red oxide primer, water sanded them, then shot them with Centauri
gloss black, and 2 coats of clear with some black in it.....The finish is as
hard as glass, and easy to keep clean. ..and no, none of the detail was lost
in the process. They may be a tad shinier than new, but not excessively so, 2
years after the fact.

(Yeah, yeah, I know....I had a lot of time on my hands.....what can I say?)

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA