RE: rear axle seals

To: "'Allen C Miller, Jr.'" <acmiller@mhcable.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: rear axle seals
From: "Jim LeBlanc" <jleblanc@midsouth.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 08:46:50 -0500
Forgot to add a point to my previous posting.

Having taken the axles out many times to get the seals installed correctly
(I hate admitting this) I found that installing some 1/4 x 28 counter sunk
bolts helped keep the axle shaft from separating from the hub on
disassembly. Upon removing the brake drum I was finding oil on my brake
parts. Installing a few 1/4 bolts keeps this from happening. Now I can
disassemble those parts as needed (brake lining R&R) without cleaning up the
mess from the diff oil.

Best Regards,

Jim LeBlanc
1956 100-M