Rerouting Exhaust Pipes and Rear View Mirror

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rerouting Exhaust Pipes and Rear View Mirror
From: "Doug Newton" <dnewton@nappco.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 08:31:26 -0500
Good Morning Group-

I have a '65 BJ8 with a S/S Exhaust System that presently exist the rear of
the car. I was thinking about having the exhaust pipes exit in front of the
driver's rear tire and other than the obvious exhaust noise difference on
the driver's side, are there any other negatives that I can expect?

Also, because it is a little hard to see out the rear view mirror with the
top down (if it's not folded down properly), I was wondering if anyone had
tried one of the Jaguar XK140 adjustable height mirrors to know if it raises
the mirror high enough to see better in back? If anyone has tried one,
please advise if the mounting hole spacing is the same as the stock mirror
base?

I have seen the "mirror risers" for sale, but the adjustable height mirror
seems much cleaner to me.

Thanks-Doug