Re: Engine Rebuild

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine Rebuild
From: olin.brimberry@talecris.com
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:32:43 -0400
I have to say "Ditto" to this as well.  I found out that Von's had to
completely rebuild mine because of too much vibration.  They did not
balance as a unit; they balanced each one individually (crank, flywheel,
etc).  They tore it down and re-balanced from the damper to the flywheel
and everything in between.

My saving grace was that I did not have the new style harmonic damper that
may have masked the problem to where it was unrecognizable without
sophisticated equipment.  They did test to see if the damper would help
before rebuilding, but they were unable to convince themselves that it was
ok after the seed was planted.

Olin Brimberry
Raleigh, NC
62 BT7

"Life's journey is not  to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved
body, but rather to slide in  sideways totally worn out, shouting '...holy
s**t...What a ride!"
In memory of HOYO