Re: Engine rebuild

To: Michael Gougeon <kaynmike.bham@juno.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine rebuild
From: WILLIAM B LAWRENCE <ynotink@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 20:56:39 -0700
The four cylinder engines in standard form do not have what can be called
"front seal". The timing cover has a groove which holds a felt ring that
does not live up to that description. If you want to install a real lip seal
you need a modified timing cover and of course a suitable seal. It is
doubtful the seal surface on the pulley would be worn since the felt does
not contact it much. Certainly not enough to hold oil.

Bill Lawrence