Re: Front & Rear Oil Galley Plugs

To: "Richard Bittmann" <edmyed@harbornet.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front & Rear Oil Galley Plugs
From: "Chris Dimmock" <cd3000@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 19:54:41 +1000
Richard - did you have the bare block chemically dipped/ stripped?

If yes - which process did you use?

Is there still an aluminium engine number plate on the block?

Personally - I drill out the brass oil gallery plugs, and punch out & remove
all the welch plugs, before I send a block to redistrip to be cleaned - so
I'm not sure if the process destroys the brass plugs or not - I remove them
anyway. I know the redistrip process destroys the aluminium engine number
tag....

So - I suppose what I'm trying to say is - why was the 'front' oil gallery
plug missing? - if you had the block chemically dipped/stripped - was it
eaten in the stripping process? If it was - then they are probably all
gone....

Good luck!

Chris