HD8 Carb Help Needed

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: HD8 Carb Help Needed
From: "Andy Schwarz" <aschwarz11@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 21:15:00 -0700
Finally, after about 8 months, I have been able to get my Healey out of
storage.  The engine turned over fine but it wouldn't start.  After some
carefully tapping on the float bowls, 1 carb kicked in.  More tapping and then
both were working.

I got the car home, into my garage, and found gas dripping from the bottom of
the front carb.  This is not necessarily a good thing as there is a gas funace
and hot water heater in the garage and both have pilot lights.  Then, of
course, there were the comments about gas fumes in the house.

After removing the air cleaner, I determined that the jet was not sticking.
So, is it likely to be a break in the diaphragm that seals the bottom of the
jet that is causing the leak?  I thought I would ask before I take the carbs
out for a rebuild, buy a kit, etc.  Speaking of rebuild kits, is any supplier
a preferred  source?

Thanks.

Andy
Renton, WA