Knock Ons

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Knock Ons
From: Dave Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 21:42:12 -0400
How tight is tight? My new Daytons and new hubs seem to have a little
play in them until I get the knockoff pretty darn tight. With the hand
brake set and the car in the air, I can rock (rotate) the wheel ever so
slightly fore and aft even as the knock off aproaches tight.

One of the POs lost a wheel on my BJ8. There's about 3/8 to 1/2 inch of
metal gone on one rotor edge and the dust shield  was ground away with
it. The guy I bought it from had it 30 years and said it wasn't him.

Dave
67 BJ8