Re: Knock Ons

To: Dave Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Knock Ons
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 13:06:47 +0800
Dave -

My long time british mechanic, Mike Hall, said to always bang on the
knock offs as hard as you can.  This is particularly the case if you
are driving a BJ8, the coarse threads can unravel easier, but on the
other hand the coars threads you can really wail on the ears with a
hammer and get it on tight.

I prefer to use the long armed metal knock off wrench I have, it gives
me the same torque as if I was wailing on the ears with a THOR, but
because of the long lever arm it tightens with just a firm push on the
tool.

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8