Re: BJ8 starter motor "doesn't" any more. Any tricks before I

To: AlanX@proaxis.demon.co.uk
Subject: Re: BJ8 starter motor "doesn't" any more. Any tricks before I
From: John Harper <AH@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:42:51 +0100
Alan

You should be able to prise off the small end cover and expose a squared
end of the armature shaft. Just turn this to see if all is free and
leave at a different point in case you are on a deed spot on the
commutator. Then try again. Worn out brushes are the most likely cause.

If the earth strap is open other strange things will happen. I have
heard of a speedo cable mysteriously burning out! The lights should not
be affected if this is missing.

--
John Harper