The scam continues.

To: "List Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: The scam continues.
From: "James Lea" <clocks@midcoast.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 21:10:56 -0400
Here is the latest reply. I keep thinking that he will catch on but I think
that greed is getting the best of him. So far we have had 1.an offer to
drive to Ullapool and see the car, 2. track him down in Ghent NY and 3. have
my sister who lives nearby come to check out the car. I think any of these
while good would scare him off and the idea of the game is to string him
along as long as possible and to then drop a bomb on him that will make him
think twice about running a scam again. To that end we need to gather as
much information about him as possible.

What is "ebay square trade services"? Cheers, JL

> Hi again ,
>
> Thank you for your consideration ,
>
> since i'm overseas i will only make this deal using ebay square trade
> services ,
> this way we are both protected.
>
> You are going to purchase a car in perfect working conditions for $6,500
with
> shipping fees included.The car is registered up to date , so there is
nothing
> else to pay , just the price for the car.
>
>    The car will be shipped from Ullapool ,Scotland and will take 13/14
days to
> arive at your shipping door.
>
> Will be shipped over sea on a military cargo to NY, from there DHL will
> pick it
> up and you will receive it within 14 days tops.DHL will delivery the car
> your door.There is nothing to worry about , my marine friends will take
good
> care of it.
>

>    If all this sounds ok for you please get back to me and compleate this
form
> so i can be able to regist this transaction with square trade as soon as i
> receive your next reply.They will
>    contact you with all the information you need in order to complete this
deal
> safe and secure for both of us.
>
>           your eBay ID :
>           your full name :
>           address :
>           city/state :
>           zipp :
>           country :
>
>    Thanks and looking forward to hear from you

My answer.

Dear Mark. This sounds good to me and I like the idea of using the Ebay
square deal service although I don't know much about it I am sure if is part
of Ebay it is safe. Would you prefer US dollars or British pounds sterling?
Do I send the money to them or directly to you and if I send it to you, what
is yur address?
Here is the answers to your questions. My ebay ID, chimera5 (this is my ex
wife's ID. She lives in Pennsylvania but we are still friends). My full
name, Lawrence B. Clutch. Address, 2964 Mountain Drive. Pocatello Idaho.
USA. Thanks and I look forward to driving my new Healey. Lawrence