Re: Improvements- Fuel Pump

To: peter.svilans@rogers.com, Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Improvements- Fuel Pump
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:46:46 EDT
In a message dated 9/14/2005 11:20:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
peter.svilans@rogers.com writes:
Okay that's it !  This thread has gone too far !

    I've been mildly tolerating this business of "lets replace everything with
Asian or American parts to make it better" BUT:

    "IT DOES NOT MAKE THAT ANNOYING TICKING SOUND"   is treading on sacred
ground !
Peter--

The FACET-type pump that I have installed (actually purchased at NAPA)
"tick's" alot louder than does an SU.  It sounds more like an SU when it is out
of
fuel and borders on being palpable.  However, since I have mine installed
strictly as a backup I don't consider this to be an issue--It is interesting
that
since I installed the NAPA pump three years ago I have had no problems with the
SU!

Best--Michael Oritt, 100 Le Mans