Re: Rear wheel bearings

To: "Dave & M" <rusd@velocitus.net>
Subject: Re: Rear wheel bearings
From: "Bob Johnson" <robert.w.johnson@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:01:43 -0400
Dave said"

> If you only drive a couple of thousand miles per year, The whole issue may
> never become a problem.
>
> Regards,
> Dave Russell
> BN2

Does this mean you just keep cleaning up and make sure that you keep grease
in the rear end? And then maybe someday you will want to actually do the
repair? Does the failure of the seal usually only remain a leak? Not a
complete failure that would have "dire consequences" in a vey few miles for
the rear end? ( I really jst want to put this project off until I have a
somewhat heated garage and not much desire to drive the car over the
winter.)