Re: Halogen tail lights

To: "Ronald A. Fine" <ronfineesq@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Halogen tail lights
From: Alan Schultz <alan@andysnet.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 17:59:27 -0500
Ron,
The primary purpose of a fuse is to protect against dead shorts in the
wiring which would cause the insulation to melt and result in a fire.
If the fuses are in the trunk they will not protect against a short from
that point forward. The fuses should be as close to the power source as
possible. This holds true for all fusing of circuits.
Alan
67BJ8
Watertown, WI