Halogen tail lights

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Halogen tail lights
From: "Ronald A. Fine" <ronfineesq@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:20:57 -0400 (EDT)
I know there has been a lot of previous information on the use of Halogen bulbs
and I've searched the archives  but I haven't seen an answer to my question.  I
have a new wiring harness, new generator, and new tail lights.  I want to get
Halogen bulbs for the tail lights.  They are offered in a 12v 35w or 12v 50w.
Is it safe to get the brighter 50w or will the extra heat that is generated by
the 50w and power drain cause problems down the road to the wiring or other
parts of the lighting system.  I do plan to install an inline fuse.  What size
fuse should I use for the 35w or 50w bulbs?
Thanks for the help.
Ron Fine
61BN7