Re: AHCA Announcement

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AHCA Announcement
From: Jwhlyadv@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 06:43:20 EDT
John May has been having computer problems recently. This email was sent to
the list yesterday but it may have not gone through so he asked me to send it
for him. Many of us are headed to SE Classic this morning and will be offline
for a few days.
Jim Werner

I will answer your questions, but first let me thank you for being
interested. I respect that this list is broader than AHCA in scope, and
that most AHCA members are not part of the List.  For these reasons I
don't tend to use the List for AHCA-only matters or promotions.  I'm
always willing to discuss AHCA matters, but I don't think you want this
list bombed with it.  If any AHCA questions come up, I am always happy
to discuss them, either one-on-one or in whatever group forum is
appropriate.

On September 7, an email was sent to the AHCA Delegates and Officers,
expressing gratitude and appreciation to Edie for her many years of
service and hard work, announcing Mike's appointment, and explaining the
change from the nominating committee's recommendation.  By the way,
Edie's retirement was entirely her decision, and she had told me over
two years ago that she was approaching this change.

The note Jim Werner forwarded to the list was one that I sent to Ben
Moore, since Ben and I are in communication and I wanted him to post the
announcement to the BlueGrass AHC membership list.  The BGAHC list is a
closed list, so I needed a BlueGrass member to post it.  Jim forwarded
it to the List out of his enthusiasm for the announcement, and there is
nothing wrong with that. Having informed the AHCA Delegates and
Officers, as well as Mike's home club, the announcement could be shared
with the rest of the AHCA members, who will read all about it in my
October column in Healey Marque, which you will receive in less than two
weeks.

Relative to the question of Jim Cox, the decision to name Mike to the
job was recommended by Jim based on factors surrounding the job itself
that emerged after the September Healey Marque went to press.  I did
offer the job to Jim, and was pleased to do so.  However as Jim and I
did some planning for the job and for the transition, Jim suggested that
Mike is better qualified, for a variety of reasons.  I respected Jim's
decision, and agreed with him.  Jim and Mike have talked and everyone is
in agreement.  There is no controversy here, and everybody involved is
pleased.  Let's be sure and express our support for Mike, Edie and Jim
for working toward the best interests of the club.

If anyone emails me personally, please be aware that I had a computer
crash last week, and my access to email is spotty.  Sometimes I can
view, sometimes I can send, sometimes I can do neither.  I have a new
laptop now, but the transfer process is neither quick nor easy.

Thanks to everyone who expressed interest in this significant AHCA
announcement.

John May

Thanks,

Jim Werner