Re: lightened flywheel

To: Greg Lemon <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Subject: Re: lightened flywheel
From: John Harper <AH@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:44:42 +0100
I have a lightened flywheel fitted to my BN2 with Le Mans tune. I
acquired this many years ago but before I fitted it I measured it up in
detail.

I have recently had another original flywheel machined down to the same
dimensions ready to fit to my BN1.

It originally weighed around 43 lbs and it is now around 22 lbs. The
chap who turned off all this metal charged me the equivalent of a little
over $100. I simple terms the whole of the rim was removed and chamfered
back to the ring gear. Also the back was machined out.

I have the new dimensions available on an AutoCad drawing. If anybody is
serious about doing what I have done and can read AutoCad R14 drawings
then I might be prepared to forward a copy as an email attachment.
Please don't ask unless you are serious. You will appreciate that I do
not have the time to send out large numbers.

All the best

--
John Harper