Re: BJ8 gear lever grommet won't sit right

To: Alan F Cross <alanx@proaxis.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: BJ8 gear lever grommet won't sit right
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 09:23:17 +0800
Alan -
 As luck would have it, Moss actually is the one company that sells this
ring. I bought one several years ago and I can attest that it works
extremely well, if you can get it on (it's a tight fit).
 I fitted it to my BJ8 about 10 years ago and the gear lever gaiter is still
in good condition. It only works if you put the gaiter (i.e. grommet) upside
down (i.e. nipple-like hole facing up), but if you install it this way with
the gaiter (grommet) as far down on the shaft as you can get it (flush),
then put on the ring, your gaiter (grommet) will last a very long time. Plan
on using alot of finger pressure and probably some dish soap or something
like that.
 Cheers,
 Alan
 '53 BN1 '64 BJ8