100-4 door-cowl weatherstrip

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: 100-4 door-cowl weatherstrip
From: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 18:42:12 -0400
I have recently acquired a pair of very good condition rubber weather strips
with the metal backers that fit between the door and the little u-channel in
the front cowl, and run down the A pillar. The problem is: our BN2 (very early
Oct '55) shows no sign of these ever being mounted. I also looked at a BN1 and
did not see any evidence of this on either door. Is it possible these strips
were only put on late BN2's? I would like to use them, but not at the expense
of departing from original trim.

Allen Miller Bn2M