Steering Lever

To: Healey webforum <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Steering Lever
From: "Ph.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 21:37:26 +0200
Friends,
It turns out the P.O. sold me a car with two left handed Steering Box
steering levers. I'm therefore looking for an idler steering lever with
the number 6278 on it. Don't look in the Service Manual - as far as I
can see at this moment BMC mixed up the numbers of the left and the
right side. I do have a correct looking steering box lever with '6277'
on it.
I can get one in Europe, but at a very high price for such a small piece
of forged steel. Any Healey owners, part suppliers or wreckers in the
USA or Australia willing to help me out?
TIA
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432