Re: '66 BJ8 1st gear damaged

To: "Bill Browning" <gbrowning@carolina.rr.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: '66 BJ8 1st gear damaged
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 11:07:18 -0400
Bill
First gear replacements are available $430 - $530 depending on type.
If you are mechanically inclined, replacing it yourself is feasible. -I
rebuilt my sideshifter with all new synchros, roller bearings etc, with no
problems.. never having tackled a gearbox before. --Just be certain to use a
good shop manual stay organized, and when in doubt, consult some of the
available expert sources.
Or, you would need to check local shops for a price on labor.
David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA