Re: Windshield Screws

To: "Ben Prince" <blprince2@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Windshield Screws
From: "Rick Neves" <Rick@genomictechnologies.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:28:41 -0400
Hey Ben,

I just did this last year and I'm trying to remember how it went. I think
you have to remove the two screws holding the frame together on each side at
the top and bottom edges, so that's 8 total. Then you can release the sides.
You will destroy the gasket at this point. pull off the uprights as well as
chrome window side frame pieces. The uprights are attached to the side
chrome frame pieces with screws, screwed from the inside edge of the chrome
frame ends. The chrome frame is held together with small flat head screws,
screwed into angle brackets (nut plates), bent at funky angles. You can only
get to the screws holding the nut plates to the side pieces after you remove
the uprights from the frame end pieces.

Reassembly will be loads of fun. Be sure to use lots of soap on the window
and gasket. Get new rubber gasket as well as new angle nut plates and screws
if you can find them.

Sincerely

'56 BN-2