Crankshaft Nut

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Crankshaft Nut
From: "Allyn Richardson" <allynrichardson@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 11:59:00 -0700
I've started to tear down my 26D six cylinder motor. Does anyone have some
insight on whether the large crankshaft nut/bolt holding the pulley to the
crank is a left or right hand thread? The manual isn't clear on this. Also
is there a source for higher compression pistons for this motor. The engine
has the stock flat top pistons now and I would like to bump the compression
slightly when I rebuild it. I've been scraping the crud off the block for
the last few days. Once it's gone it will probably take 50 lbs. off the
weight of the engine.

Thanks,

Allyn

name of winmail.dat]