Re: Crankshaft Nut

To: Allyn Richardson <allynrichardson@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Crankshaft Nut
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:36:20 +0800
Allyn -
 Don't bother bumping the compression if you are planning on filling your
healey up at the local gas pump. Even standard healey pistons keep the
compression too high for super unleaded anywhere in the US. You'll get
pinging and running on.
 If anything, you should consider lowering the compression. There are much
better ways of increasing horsepower without sacrificing your ability to
pump gas from your local gas station (i.e. hotter cam, lightened flywheel,
2" carbs, ported head & manifold, etc etc).
 Remember, build your engine around 92 octane (or 88 oct. for that matter).
Don't increase your compression unless you are using the car on the track
exclusively. Trust me on this one!
 Cheers,
 Alan
 '53 BN1 '64 BJ8