Re: Hardtop parts / CHEAP SHOT

To: simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk, 62bt7@prodigy.net, healeys@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Hardtop parts / CHEAP SHOT
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 15:32:50 EDT
Well, I have followed this thread and find I just can't help myself.  So will
apologize up front to any and all that may be offended.

I have my own business (sort of because the statement of making any money on
restoring cars is pretty darn accurate) repairing and restoring Classic Sports
Cars.  Primarily Healey's and Triumph's.  I have been doing this since
retiring from the Corporate rat race 4 years ago.  I am a firm supporter of
David &
Norm and I can say without reservation that when I have run into a problem or
an issue I KNOW I can call them and they will take the time to at least TRY to
help me, whether I buy from them or not.  I also like knowing that they do
have a large inventory of hard to find parts and have availed myself of that on
many occasions to the benefit of MY customers.  I may not be quite as active
in promoting my services as they are but I also find no problem with them doing
so.  Especially given all the FREE things we have received over the years
from them.

To those that don't like this practice I say just try the delete key and let
it go.  After all, aren't we all really trying to just preserve and enjoy one
of the best Marque's every produced?

Cheers to ALL,

Gary Fuqua
Classic Sports Cars
Branson Missouri

Ps...On a different topic someone was looking for a factory 100M and the
comment was made that it takes 1000 hours to restore one.  Maybe that is true
for
some but not for all.  The $50.00 is a little on the low side but if you are
going to be doing that much work for a customer it is pretty accurate too.  I
just finished a 60 BT7 that was in pretty bad shape and it took about 600
hours.  Still considerable but much less than 1000.  Parts were in the $17,000.
+
range.  Is the car worth that much in the market?  NO, but sitting next to the
owner when he got scratch going into 3rd gear and then zooming past 100mph I
would say it is worth it to him.  You should have seen that grin!!!  Also FYI
the car has won or placed in each show it has since been entered in. i.e. NO
short cuts!!