Early Hundred VIN Plates

To: "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Early Hundred VIN Plates
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:22:51 -0400
Hello all,
I have been working with a custom resin molding business to see if we can
reproduce the original ivory plastic VIN plates that were fitted to all
Hundreds up to late August 1954.
Many of these plates have either badly deteriorated or have been completely
lost over the years, having originally been mounted on the driver's inner
front quarter trim panel with 4 little screws.
Anyway, it appears that this is going to happen. We've run tests molding the
lettering straight into the plate, then stamping the vehicle numbers into this
thin very hard ivory resin with machinists stamps to enable the individual
car's numbers to be produced. All looks well so far.
I'm asking for a run of 50 pieces once everything has been perfected.
I will be personally critiquing the pieces to make sure they're right on or
it's no deal and the manufacturer understands this. Results should be within
the next month or so.

Who's interested?

Rich Chrysler